Here's a diary of my weekend. (also known as "where did Lori eat this weekend...)
Friday was my birthday, so my parents, Nathan and Iris and I went for supper at East Side Marios. It was great. Food was yummy yummy. Waitresses sang and I won the prize of clearing my own table. Saturday morning I met up with a group of my new young adults group friends and we treked down to Canmore. Stopped in Red Deer for Tim Hortons brunch. On the way, I talked to my friend Jean and she and her husband Ben and our friend Matt decided that they were going to make the trip to Canmore too - just to see me! I was very excited! So we pulled into my friends, the mountains (mmm, mountains) and got into Canmore and did some "shopping" downtown, met up with Jean, Ben, and Matt, and then checked into our amazing condo time share place. We had 3 places for the 16 of us, one across town a ways for the single girls (just the way it worked out), one for the single guys, and one for the married's. Jean, Ben, Matt and I went to Tim's again for a snack and then went to Banff and wandered the shops and just hung out, and I must say, it was SO REFRESHING to be with friends who know me more than just for like a month and a half! I was just so happy to be with them. And Jean's SO CUTE pregnant - but it's so strange to see her like that. I couldn't feel the baby moving, it stopped every time I tried to feel it. So then we went back to Canmore and found a place that had not TOO long a wait to eat supper (long weekend in Canmore, what do you expect!) and at at Boston Pizza. Once again, yummy. And once again, so good to be with them. Then we went back to my condo and took advantage of the hot tub there. Lovely. They left pretty late and had to drive back to Sundre - sorry guys! But thanx so much for coming!!! The other girls from my condo got back just minutes after Ben, Jean, and Matt left, and we got ready for bed soon after. The skiiers left around 7:30 for the hill, but the 5 of us non skiiers slept in and then made a high class breakfast for ourselves in the married's condo around 10:30. Did a Starbucks run as well. We then went to Lake Louise and went walking around the lake. It was snowing pretty crazy and was kinda windy, but not too cold, so it was fun, and nice to be in the mountains. Went back to Banff to grab some soup at this cool place called Wild Flour and did a little "shopping". Got back to the condo in time for us to start making steak dinner for the crew, but they were already back. The wind and snow were a little much for them to stay till lifts closed, but they all had a great day and didn't injure themselves, so I thank God for that! So then we made the most amazing potatoes, veggies, salad, and STEAK for supper. Lovely, so lovely! Cleaned up and were watching tv when all the lights went out and a few of them came in with a fire ball (aka candles) on top of a DQ ice cream cake and started singing to me! So very nice... It was special and thoughtful and lovely. We all then went back to our condo and used our hot tub and swimming pool. Played a great boys against girls keepaway with a pool noodle. By the time those festivities were over it was pretty late, but the girls watched some of a movie on tv and then went to bed. Slept in this morning and met up at Timmies around 11. Then we took off and went to I believe it was called Groat Creek (?) and hiked for a couple hours up the frozen creek through this canyon. And wow, was it amazing and beautiful! The ice was slippery, and the wind was blowing some of the time, but it was so great! There was a few places where there was waterfalls coming out of nowhere and some people were ice climbing them. I've got to try that some day. Left from there and went into Calgary to Peter's for a late afternoon supper lunch. Oh Peter's. Tried a mango shake with my burger - SO GOOD! Treked back up past all the familiar turnoffs to Sundre (weep) and got back to Edmonton around 7ish. Sigh. It was a great weekend. It is so true that people around young adult age are hard to get organized to doing what everyone is happy with, and getting everyone somewhere on time etc. Easy to get people frustrated when we all are adults and have opinions and different ablities etc. And when there's 16 of them, it's hard. But it did all work out, but I'm tired. Peopled out. But the scenery made the trip. Snow, rocks, trees, creeks, mountains, all combined into one beautious time. And the company was great too. And the fact that my "old" friends came to see me. And the food was great too. God is good, gives good gifts of joy to me.
Blogs are a strange thing. You can make them whatever you want them to be. I decided that today was a day of describing events rather than so much philosophizing (is that a word) and stuff. I hope you enjoyed it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home