Thursday, June 14, 2007

I've got my very own fridge even now! Yup, I'm living in the basement. Mmm, I like it. You should all come visit me, I'll make you some coffee, or tea, or crumpets, or ... ya, you should come over. I havn't put up my tile backsplash yet, but it'll happen yet.
And I got a KITTEN! Oh man, he's the cutest little thing you've ever seen! Hyper and playful like crazy! He's a couple months old. He's grey strippey, with white paws and belly. His name's Rizzo, named after the rat from the Muppets. I just like the name, it's fun to say, and it suits him. I'll put some pictures of him on here when I get them, of course.
I went to Spirit River (by Grand Prairie) this past weekend to visit my good friend Helen and her husband Justin. It was SUCH a good trip, I'm SO glad I went. I had Saturday off (yay!) so I took Friday off and went up till Sunday. Helen and I are lifetime friends and she got married last summer and moved up there, so now I've seen her life there and it's so nice. And it's great getting together with people like that, who I can be myself with, who I can just non-stop talk with, just like we see each other all the time, ya know? Sigh, so nice. And I took Rizzo along, so we had a blast introducing him to her MASSIVE Irish Wolfhound dog and her ferret and her cat. Rizzo had so much fun! And he travelled pretty well too.
Umm, it's been a while since I've posted on here, so I'm trying to think of other big news items. Oh, we sold the house! The 1st NewLite Homes house sold for $269,000. Yay! And we're to the truss stage on the next house.
I'm going to be an auntie for the 4th time this October!!!!!!! Matthew and Lesli are having a baby! They're pretty excited, as am I! Elijah's already 4, so it's about time for another niece or nephew, a little tiny baby to hold and love, and then give back to it's mommy :)
And my favorite sister (ok my only real one) is coming home for a month later this summer!! Now that's exciting, I'm pumped! She hasn't got the dates officially set, cause she doesn't have her passport back with her renued visa yet (oh Angolan politics!) but the plan is mid Aug - mid Sept. It'll be so great to hang out with her again, show her the new sights and sounds that are part of my life here in Spruce Grove and such.
As I highlight these news items in my life, I think I sound like the most positive happy person I know... It's all "this is happening, I'm so excited" "this happened, it's the best thing that's ever happened to me" and stuff. Truely, I'm not the most positive person in the world. BUT I am a generally happy content person, and I'm SO GLAD that Jesus has given me the ability to be content and happy wherever I am, and that He's there to guide me into the places and things that He's led me to. Where would I be without Him?

2 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl! The house sold for 469,000! I think Nathan is giving you a raise too!

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, wait, it was 468,000

 

Post a Comment

<< Home