I've re-entered the world of red. I'm now an employee of Home Hardware again. Just can't stay away, I guess. I decided that I'd apply for part time there a month or so ago, and talked to the manager after that, and he was basically like "I want you - but don't have a job for you right now" So he called me last week and said he had a job for me. Working 2 or 3 days a week - sometimes cashiering, mostly filling in, helping customers. This Home Hardware is just a building center (no housewares) and they sell almost only to contractors. So lots and lots of building materials, lots and lots of accounts, huge projects and such. And they use the same computer system as Wild's HHBC in Sundre, so that makes it SO transferable. The other employees were kinda shocked at me as I took on customers and did up a bunch of sales on my first day. There's a bunch of stuff I still need to learn with different codes and stuff, but the general stuff is all the same, so that's pretty cool. I'm pretty excited to be able to be in the community more and to be interacting with coworkers and customers who aren't Christians. Honesly, I missed that interaction. Although I don't LIKE the sick talk that goes on and such, I need to be aware that it's the real world - the real world's out there and I can't be isolated in my bubble all the time. I need balance. Truely. So yeah, I worked tuesday and wed, and then I work saturday this week. For Nathan today and tomorrow. Got to paint all day today. :) Wow though, painting an entire house takes a long time! And it's all one color - it'd be more fun if there was variety! But it's a spec home, so it's gotta be more simple color schemes. It's a kinda medium beige-ish color.
Lubango
Random thoughts about events in the life of Lorinda


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home