It's been a long time since I've really written anything here. I've gotten into the world of facebook way more and haven't spent time filling people in on my musings here in the blog world. Not that anyone reads this anyways... But I feel like I should keep it up occasionally still. I know that my parents read my blog, but that's just because it's their home page when they use the internet on their computer :)
So what do I say? Building has been going pretty good. We're working hard on house #18 and #30. (our 3rd and 4th house) In 18 we're doing insulating right now - all the electrical and plumbing is done and when we've got some warmer days, we'll start on siding. In 30 we've just finished putting the shingles on and framing the interior walls. Electrical and plumbing will happen there now. I'm still really liking that work, and I'm getting more experience and therefore, I'm getting better at what I do. That's a good feeling. The only part I definately don't like about that work is the coldness. I can't stand freezing!! And my hands and feet are almost always cold. I'm thankful that I have 2 jobs, and that one is INSIDE. Home Hardware's going good too. It was pretty slow for a few weeks, but it's picked up again, and it's more better when there's more to do. I'm there 2 days a week usually. I love that my 2 jobs help each other so much. All the stuff I know from doing construction help me SO much at Home Hardware. And I do lots of the special ordering and stuff for NewLite when I'm at Home Hardware. Kinda handy!
Youth ministry has been good this year. I've got such fun girls. Grade 7's. I love the friendship we've got! I'm so happy to be involved and helpful at the church and youth group. And I've been able to play bass again for worship at youth, so that's been good.
My church is starting the search for a new Sr pastor and almost for sure an associate pastor as well. That's a little stressful for the people involved in leadership. No bad feelings between the current pastors and the church, but it's still going to be a really hard transition. So if you so desire, please pray for us!
I'm thinking that I'm done writing for the time being. Not much for "musings" and thoughts this time, but just a little general update... :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home