I just made the best looking salad in the world. It's also fabulously tasty!!! I want to share the recipe with you. Of all the people who I know read this blog, I want Janie to see this recipe. I think she'd LOVE it!
Pomegranate, Barley and Wild Rice Salad
4 c water
1 tsp salt
1/2 c pearl barley
1/2 c wild rice
Pomegranate seeds from 1 pomegranate
1/2 c pine nuts, lightly toasted
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 c parsley
1 tsp salt
1/4 c olive oil
Boil water, add salt, barley and rice. Cook 45 min covered on low, no stirring. Rinse grains. Combine all ingredients.
The color combinations are very appealing. And it's yummy. And healthy. I think I'll bring some to the harvest-time-costume-party-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-the-occult party I'm going to tonight. :) I got the recipe a couple years ago from my Auntie Vera. Thanx Auntie Vera!!
And thanx to mom for noticing that I had copied down 2 cups of lemon zest instead of 2 tsp.... That's why this batch seemed too lemon zest-y... Ha


1 Comments:
Lori, you goofed. The recipe calls for 2 tsp lemon zest. Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home