I went camping this past weekend - Thanxgiving weekend. It was GREAT! October is not generally the warmest time of the year, but I planned ahead well and had lots of warm clothes and blankets. And it was a fairly mild weekend. Diana, Joel, and I took off to Jasper on Sat morning, one of our main purposes being to "retreat" and spend some time re-focusing on God. Which we did. And some hiking and lots of chatting. And eating. And we went to an Anglican church on Sunday morning - it was refreshing to take part in a service so different than normal.
Being Thanksgiving, I did some time reflecting on what I was thankful for. My grandma, who died a couple years ago, will always be remembered in my mind by her thankfulness. The song that goes through my mind every time I think of her is "Count Your Blessings" So I decided to make a bit of a list. I have explainations in my journal, but I don't need to give you all the details. And obviously there are MANY more things to be thankful for - this is a start. Here's my list.
Friends
Growth
Money
Safety
Communication
Ministry
Beautiful land
Family
Opportunity
Church
Ollie (that would be my Jeep)
Rizzo (that would be my cat)
International experience
Affirmation
Technology
Promises
The tip of the iceberg, but all good things of which I thank God. I didn't get any turkey though... Missed out on that being out in the wilderness. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home