Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ok, fine! You've convinced me that you do read my blog :) Life has been continuing, and has been busy. My days are filled with work, and the time inbetween work while I'm at work is spent buying stuff for my suite, and the evenings are spent with people mostly, and my weekends are spent building my suite and driving and spending money. There's my life!
More specifically, in case you didn't know. I've officially decided I'm moving to Spruce Grove. I'll be moving in December. And the house that my parent's bought there has an unfinished basement, which I am in the process of finishing into a suite for myself. I work every second saturday, so the off weekend I'm going up there to work with my dad on building. 2 weekends ago, we ripped up concrete and laid plumbing, and this weekend I'm going up and we're going to fill in the concrete and do the framing and start the electrical. Man, building is expensive. Even with my amazing prices at my store, I'm spending a lot of money. Like wire, whoa, it's an investment! The plan with this basement suite is that I'm going to pay for it and when I move out or when mom and dad sell the house, I'll get that money back (whatever it increases the value of the house by) so I'm pretty excited about it. I'm so excited to have my own place that I've designed and picked everything in, and then to do the work myself (with my dad and bro) and paid for and then be able to live right close to my parents but have my own place. It's totally great! The whole money thing has been stressing me a little though. Spending $450 today on just electrical stuff, that's scary! And my cell phone bill was way more than I want it to be this month. And gas to get back and forth from here to Spruce Grove every second weekend is a little steep. I don't like money stress at all. It makes me feel yucky.
But NewLite Homes is underway - the company my brother just started, a construction company building spec homes. They've got 4 lots, and have the basement done on one and are starting on framing for that house. So when I move, I'll definately have part time work as a labourer for Nathan and dad, and I'll be looking for the right fit of a youth ministry position somewhere up there, and likely I'll be getting some other kind of part time job in the mean time. I'm pretty excited and pretty scared to be making this kind of big transition. I love Bergen so much, and I love my friends here, and my scenery, and my job, and my boss, and my co workers, and my church, and ... all that. But the opportunities for all the things I want to do in so many ways are so much huger in Spruce Grove/Edmonton.
If anyone who is reading this knows my sister Becky, and knows her email address, it's her bday on Saturday, so say happy birthday to her! I don't want to post her address on here - it seems bad. Oh, her blog - it's one of the links on my blog, go there!
Love to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home