Friday, September 15, 2006

It's a kinda of snow day today! Yep, if it wasn't my day off, I would have at least been a couple hours late for work. There's 8-10 inches on the ground and lots of trees across the road by my place, cause the snow is so heavy and wet. Kinda crazy. But so pretty too. I feel like I'm in Narnia. There was no power from some time in the night till 11 this morning. I'm so glad for my wood stove! I even heated up the water for my coffee in a pot over the fireplace. Fun! And sat and read a book, after going out and knocking snow off trees and taking pictures and walking down to the camp barn with Karen. In my pjs and winter boots :) But now it's 1:45 and I want to go somewhere. I think I won't have a problem getting out of the driveway now, since the nieghbour came and pushed trees off with his tractor. I'm sure it'll be a little iffy, with the packed wet snow, but I've got Ollie, my Jeep - I'll be fine. But I'm not sure where I'm going or what I'm going to do. The novelty of a day bumming around home has worn off.
But as for making decisions about my life, I havn't really given an update lately on my blog. So I'll do a little update. I have decided to move to Spruce Grove. I'm not sure when exactly, but it'll be before January. My parents moved on the 4th. It was a major process moving them. Could've been worse though, if they had to completely clean out thier place. But they didn't because my bro Matthew and his wife Lesli, moved into my parent's place on the following weekend. I've been doing so much moving lately! And CLEANING. Washing walls has got to be one of my least favorate things to do. But I know from experience that I am able to keep my attitude good while doing it :) SO anyways, seeing my parents house in Spruce Grove was good. It's a little shocking when you look out the window and see a million houses surrounding them. After living in the middle of a grove of trees for 29 years - it's a bit of a change. And I also measured out thier basement to begin my plans for MY place. I'm going to be finishing thier basement into a suite for myself. It'll be real small. And there's only 2 little tiny windows. But I'm pretty excited. I've been feeling that it is the right thing to do. There are so many more oportunities for me there. For youth ministry, for being with my family's buisiness, and for getting involved in groups of people who are in the same stage of life as me. (cause in Sundre, there's pretty much NO ONE - except my roomate) So I'm pretty excited. ANd scared too. I told my boss a couple weeks ago. He was sad. As I expected. But he's such a great guy and totally knows it's going to be a good thing for me to pursue some of my dreams by doing this. As more and more people at work are finding out I'm leaving, I've got people saying "YOU CAN'T!!!" It makes me feel good. And makes me so sad to have to leave it behind too. I'm seriously one of the old guys there. ANd my pride says "what will they do without me?" Ha, they'll be fine. But it'll take a bit for my replacement to get a hang of it too. Sigh. I think it'll be hard to train someone, cause I'm kinda possesive. I like the fact that I'm the only one who knows the stuff I do, and I love being good at my job. I think finding out that I'm not indespensable will be a "burst your bubble" kind of experience... Ah well, looking ahead to the opportunities is pretty exciting. Scary, but exciting.
So there's my little update. Have a good day and think of lots of wet snow that's great for making snowballs. :)

2 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

Lori-o,
First: WhaT??? Snow? that is absolutely INSANE. I am going to pretend that you are just joking, because in my little world the leaves are just falling off trees, and the temperature is 31. No, not snow. In all seriousness, that is bizarre. Does that usualy happen in september in sundre, or was this a shocK? tee he, snoooowww. Make me want to crochet and drink hot chocolate.
I am fully in FALL mode. THinking about the clothes i have, the ones i should add to my wardrobe, the ones i should get rid of. Thinking about mulled appple cider, and pumpkin desserts. Yup, fall. NOt white and baking cookies and mittens.
Hope it melts quickly!
And second, i think that your choice sounds like it will bring many new and unexpectedly wonderfuly experiences your way. A new path, a new place, but with the familiarity of family. You will be venturing out, yet have a safety net for those rough days. Great choice! There is lots waiting for you there i bet!
Have fun at work during your last shifts! And packing... best to you!
Thanks for the comments on our blog! Great africa pic too!
Love,
Janie

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Lori said...

genuine snow! And yes, it happens in September in Alberta some years. Some years not till November, some years in July. WHO KNOWS?!?! And yeah, the trees have just started turning yellow, and then WHAM, the snow hits and the poor little leaves load themselves up with snow and the trees go lower and lower to the ground till a lot of them snap. And that's not happy for the trees!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home