I think the appeal of TV and movies is either one thing or the other. I think we either like to watch something that reminds us of our lives, or else something that is so far from our lives that it is an escape. The reason I say that is that I just rented a couple video's worth of "Corner Gas" and think it is so funny. Someone I know said a while ago that Corner Gas is only funny for those who live or have lived in a small town, cause it rings true. It's those people who remind us of ourselves or people we know that we find most funny. So myself being a small town kid, was thinking about that as I was thoroughly enjoying watching a few episodes. And then I thought about the opposite. We also like to watch things that are completely different from stuff we know as an escape from whatever it is we're trying to avoid. Just some thoughts.
Lubango
Random thoughts about events in the life of Lorinda


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home