Thursday, April 24, 2008

It seems that this is place where I usually mention about the houses we build, so I just wanted to update that!
We finished and cleaned up house #18 (that's our third house now) about 2 weeks ago. I'm very proud of the work we did. The finished basement is so great, so big and open, and the cabinets are great and the flooring, and the colors and all that. I'll for sure be taking pictures in the next while before we TURN IT OVER to the buyers! Yeah, that's right, it's sold! As of yesterday, we sold it!! Not to the people who had originally planned to buy it though, so I'm sad for their sake. They were very set on getting it, but their own house didn't sell, so they couldn't buy ours. But it is sold, and possession isn't till June 16th, I think - so a bit of time, but that's ok. And the next house (#30) already has an offer on it! It's coming along pretty good too, mostly sided, inside walls are primed and tile is started, and baseboards and casings are being done. So it won't be too much longer and we'll be done that one too. And we've got another lot to build on in a different area of Stony Plain. It's going to be a duplex. So that's in process for permits and then it'll get started as soon as we can too. Things are coming along and are good.

The crazy spring weather caused a little havoc in my life this week. I went Friday night to Calgary to visit friends, Kristin & Trevor and their sweet baby Julia. Then Sat I went to Matthew & Lesli's in Sundre to see them and Faith. It was a good time, but there was a lot of snow coming down, and the wind was blowing like crazy. So sunday afternoon I started leaving, and had advise from my parents to turn around. But I thought I'd go a bit more, and call my friend in Red Deer if need be. And judgement said that yeah, I should call Karen. So I did. Made it to Red Deer ok, just took it easy. Got to hang out with Karen and Shea and their boys, Ethan, Liam, and Eamon. Monday morning was worse... All day monday was horrid, so I stayed monday night too. Tuesday was still bad, but it was starting to ease up, so I left in the afternoon, took it easy, passed at least 5 semi's and 20 other cars in the ditch on the way, but made it safe and sound. Missed a day of NewLite work and a day of Home Hardware. Oh well, at least I'm alive and so is Madeline (my car :)

Another thing that's changed since I last posted on this blog is that I'm going to be gaining a brother in law in January!! My Becky got engaged a couple weeks ago to Afonso. None of the rest of us have met him yet, but he's planning to come meet us this summer. CRAZY! But so good!! I'm so happy for them! My big sister, my best friend, marrying the man of her dreams. And they're going to have the cutest kids in the world too :P If only they weren't going to live in Angola though... I miss her so much now, what will I do when there's nieces and nephews over there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home