Friday, March 17, 2006

I just had a day off. And it was a day off. SO NICE. I slept in (more than normal anyways) read my Bible, lounged around with a fire going in my house, phoned my sister, prayed, drank my coffee, did a load of laundry, read some of one of my youth ministry text books from college, watched a bit of "While You Were Sleeping", stayed in my pjamas till noon . . . It was nice, really nice. But it went by so fast. 3:00 came fast and it was youth group time. We went horse back riding and did a work bee at Camp Evergreen this afternoon. It was a school day off for the kids. There were only 4 kids that came, cause it was also a school ski trip day. But it was good. And then Camp fed me supper and now I'm hanging at the parents' house so I can be on the internet for once!! It's not happening much lately!
Back to the beginning of the day, as I mentioned, I called my sister today. It was so great! It's amazing to be able to talk on the phone with someone on the other side of the world. And it was good timing for her - she'd just got home and had no plans, so we talked for 3/4 of an hour, about. (yikes phone bill :P -but I've got a good overseas plan just for that!) So yeah, it was good to talk.
The reading Bible and praying this morning was also real nice. It's something that way too much gets pushed to the side when I'm doing day to day stuff. And I feel once again like I need to "get in tune" with what God has for me. I came to this realization this morning of what it is that I feel at this point in my life - I am content, but not fulfilled. Contentment is a very good thing. There have been too many times when I have not felt content in the place I am. Always that "last year was so much better" attitude. But right now I'm really content in Bergen, working at Wilds' Home Hardware, helping out with the youth group at the church I grew up in, living on my own but being close to my parents. All that stuff. I'm content. But at the same time, not totally fulfilled in it. There's something more for me out there. And my life is so wide open right now, it could be ANYTHING! So is this a time where God's saying "these are all good options, now choose one" or is it a time where I need to seek and discover God's best for me and not be satisfied till I KNOW what is best for me? Honestly I lack the faith to believe that God's going to show me really clearly where He wants me. I've felt his direction in the past, but it's always subtle. I really would like something major to show me where to head next. I know it's all about taking each obedient step as it comes and that will lead me in the right direction, but there's also times (I've seen examples of it - Biblical and otherwise) where God gives specific direction in non-subtle ways. I want that! If it ends up being staying here, living in my parents' house when they move to Spruce Grove and continuing as reciever at Home Hardware, so be it! If it means moving to Spruce Grove, getting totally involved in the family business with Nathan too, so be it! If it means moving to Spruce Grove to help out with the business and get a youth ministry job there, so be it! If it means moving to Winnipeg to be in youth ministry, so be it! If it means meeting my husband tomorrow and following him in wherever God has him, so be it! If it means opening a coffee shop in South Carolina, so be it! I mean, really, I'm open! So the more prayer you send up for me on this stuff, the better. Just make sure you tell God to show me his will in a tangible, non-subtle way! :)
There's my little update. Have yourself a wonderful day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home