It's Sunday morning and I just woke up. I'm ready to give a little update on life.
It sometimes amazes me that while living in a small community called Bergen, working in a small town like Sundre, I have such a large base of people I know. I have many levels of aquainances (is that the right spelling) and I manage to visit friends and DO things a whole lot. I'm the kind of person that needs people a lot. But I also need my time alone a lot. I get into spurts where I cannot survive alone, and then spurts where I just want to go home and be alone for a bit. The last couple weeks I've been with people a lot. And it's been good. I've had fun. And I've gotten really tired. And the thing that's lacked the most is my personal time with God. It's been acutally a month or more. I feel so distant. And I'm not sure what to do. Cause when I do decide to read my Bible or have a little prayer, I'm so distracted. Can't stop the brain from moving onto all sorts of other things constantly. Its like "If I just finish this and this, then I'll be able to concentrate on my Bible" and then I do "this and this" and time is gone and I don't read. And when I do end up reading, time passes so slow and I don't appreciate my reading. I'm thinking I need a bit of a new format or something. Change it up a little. A devo book that gives me a little direction. I don't know. Any suggestions?
Well, part of the stuff that's been people around and things happening lately has been my friend Jean's wedding last saturday. It was absolutely gorgeous, as all weddings should be. Thursday night, 4 of us girls bubble wrapped Jean and stole her away in her parent's motor home and went camping for the night. It was a blast! Totally suprised her and did silly girly things for the night. And actually got to bed around 12:30, which I was impressed with. We're not 19 anymore!! (anyone else notice that really late nights just don't happen much anymore when you're my age?? - how old AM I?? :) Anyways, Jean also had to leave for Red Deer at 7 ish with the boys to pick up thier tuxes. The rest of us stayed sleeping for a while when we got back to Jean's parent's place in the motor home. Then we packed up all the decor stuff and other wedding stuff and went to Olds and started setting up. That took all day, of course. Then the rehearsal. Then we went back to Jean's parent's place and had some fireworks. Fun times. Then I went to sleep and got up in the morning and got myself ready and then went to the church to do the final practice on the song I did and then get Jean ready. My official jobs for the day were as follows :) handing out programs, playing piano and singing for the unity "thing" and signing "thing", lighting candles in the reception hall, guest book table and assigning people thier seats at reception, and toast to the bride. So there was the ceremony, which was beautiful. I cried, I think I cried more than even her mom did! Ben BEAMED like all grooms tend to. And Jean looked AMAZING and GORGEOUS like all brides tend to :) My song went pretty good. It was Jean's friend Afton, and i who did the song. And we'd only practiced a few times... But it went quite well. It was "Your Grace Still Amazes Me" by Phillips Craig and Dean. After the recieving line, I tagged along to do the pictures. They did some cool cool shots. Ben's a Saskatewan farmer who studied Agricultural Mechanics. So the PERFECT place for pictures would be with John Deer tractors! Yeah, perfect. Brand new tractor and brand new combine. Very nice! The only hiccup was that on the way to the pictures, Ben was holding jean's boquet, and must have been allergic to something in it, cause his eyes went red and puffy and sore all of a sudden. So Jean said "LORI, run to the drugstor and get something, QUICK!!" So I did! Went straight to the pharmasist and asked what to do with a groom with red puffy eyes. Ran back with these eye drops and he was ok the rest of the day, not perfect but ok. The reception was nice. SO HOT!!! The hall where it was has almost no ventelation. And it was a HOT day. But still nice. And my toast speech went well. Told some funny stories about Jean. I cried. Just a little :) Just for your info if you don't know - Jean and her sister Helen, and I have been friends, and they've called me thier sister, since I was about 4 or 5. So I've got stories and a million memories of them. After the reception, we did cleanup, and cleared out of there. I was SO TIRED. But it was a beautiful day and I was happy while being sad. I lost Helen 2 months ago to a boy and now I've lost Jean too. So that whole, "I need people around" part of my personality is going to have a hard time. I've got many other aquaintances and friends, but they were the closest people who live(d) here. Sigh. I've had a few cries over that. What adds to that is that they're both younger than me. I was supposed to get married first, you know!!!!! Not fair, not fair at all.
Ok, so I've written a lot and I should go. Gotta have a shower and I was going to vacuum my floor before church, cause it's gross. AND I should read my Bible! Sigh.
Well, I hope this little big update makes you feel a little more connected with my life. If I wrote more often on my blog, I wouldn't have to write novels when I do write!!


2 Comments:
Lori,
I am sorry about feeling so crazy and that your friends are disapearing in a way (although I know they haven't disapeared).
I love your story telling! Sweeeet.
Um, when you come here (for my wedding, which I wont mention... gasp!) - I think you should fall in love with Winnipeg all over again, and then decide to move here, where we will discover someone absolutely perfect for you.
I know it will work.
meh heh heh.
Thanks for being super dee duper.
and I get to see you pretty soon! WOAH! IN like, TWO WEEKS!!! psycho.
gotta jet. stuff to do. talk to you soon!
mariajane.
Wow, you get alot done on a sunday morning before church! Way to go.
I am in the same spot right now with bible reading. I have always done this things where it think "if i just had that (a tree swing in a garden, a comfier couch, a clean space, a porch, a yard, a good cup of coffee, peace and quiet, etc...) then i would be so happy to sit and read my bible, and get alot of praying in. And sometimes when i have the chance and have one of those things i still don't do it. eeekkkk. I too get so distracted with my thoughts, and like you i try to get the distractions out of the way and then i don't have time to read in the end, or whatever. I don't know which i am worse at: bible reading or excercise! Ha! I used to read my bible every single night before bed. I did this for two years straight, and i learned so much and felt connected... and you think that would be enough time to form a habit. But then i moved out of dorm. Good old predictable dorm, and voom, my habit went bye bye (along with the habit of flossing too.... so much lost) So, i don't know what to do about this, but if you come up with a solution let me know. ONe time i tried to read my bible while i ate breakfast and that helped, but now i have corrina to feed, dave's lunch to make, myself to feed while watching baby, and so on. I think i might have to go back to the bedtime thing. Alas...
Well, i hope my little vent here helped you feel a little less lonely in your struggle. I just said a little prayer for you, right now!
Have a peace filled day my friend, and i would love to visit with you when you are out. I am free any day because i don't work! let me know,
Love Janie
Post a Comment
<< Home