Saturday, December 09, 2006

It's a time of "lasts" for me. For instance, I had my last Saturday of working at Wild's today. The fact that I'm moving has been pretty much taking up all my thoughts lately. Not that I'm overcome with sadness over it, or overcome with joy over it, it's just always on my mind. I'm so blessed with co-workers and friends who appreciate me and tell me that they will miss me so much. It's pretty overwhelming the amount of times people at work have said "you just can't leave" or they plug their ears when I mention anything about it being my last week or stuff like that. My boss as well, has said quite a few times that he hates to see me go. I am honestly getting a pretty high opinion of myself as people keep saying stuff like that. I'm have the type of personality and learning style that I need affirmation, or at least I crave it, and get down on myself if I don't have it. So this is giving me a big boost. And it feels good. But maybe too good... :P Thank you to all who are so appreciative of me and sad to see me go, I love you and appreciate your appreciation of me very much!
I started packing yesterday. I had a hard time starting, cause seriously, where do you start??? But I did it and I'm ok. Sorting out some of the household stuff that I'm not sure what's mine and what's Karen's will be interesting. Tomorrow's my work Cmas party. I'm excited! It's so great to just have fun with coworkers. And I'm having a going away party on Tuesday with friends. Should be great. I'll cry...

Here's another note. I'm not a big fan of Christmas music - I don't like hearing it much for some reason. I like singing it with people, and I've got select CD's of Christmas music that I enjoy mostly for the nostalgia (Point of Grace Christmas, now that's funny for me to like it, but I do - Scotty, Kendra, and Amy Christmas 1999...) Anyways, the Christian radio station in Calgary plays Christmas music ONLY for the month of December, so I generally don't listen to it at all. But a few days ago I did for a bit, and then again this morning. And for some reason the songs that were on at that time (I don't remember what they were) actually brought tears to my eyes, simply because they brought the reality of Jesus' incarnation to life for me. It's hard for me to let Christmas be about Jesus because it's been so commercialized, but twice already this year I've actually thought about the miracle of it. That God would become a HUMAN BABY and life a HUMAN LIFE and die and HUMAN DEATH. Wow. And it's not just a story, it's reality. I find it funny that God would have that reality brought to me through 88.9 Shine FM, which I basically swear off of during December... :) Thanx God!

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

Good Luck Lori!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home