Sunday, April 15, 2007

So now I'm going to fill you in on a little bit of my Easter weekend that I lost the last time I posted... I decided last week taht since I'd mentioned all the traditions I've done with Easter, I really should keep them going - accountablity to my blogging friends or something like that. So yeah, I fasted from Fri after lunch till Sunday morning. And it was really neat in a lot of ways. The thing that really struck me as I was thinking about what I was doing, and the significance of it, was identifying with Jesus' disciples. Just imagine being them for a minute. They were gungho about Jesus, they hung out with him all the time. They saw the miracles. They THOUGHT he was going to be the king, take back what was lost to the Romans, etc. And they just lived life, learned from Jesus, and got mocked for it even. Like the one time (in Mark 2:18-20) they were looked down on by the leaders because they didn't fast like the good religious people. Jesus' comment at that time was "hey, these guys can't fast right now, they're with me, it's time for rejoicing, it's time for eating. They'll fast when I'm taken away" (of course the disciples didn't understand what he was really saying... they were just happy to not have to give up food :) But then this one day he gets brutally killed... Their hopes are dashed. They're filled with dissapointment. Do you think they ate for the next little while? I doubt it. But look on in the story. John 20 and 21 describes Jesus' appearing ALIVE to people. And this one night the disciples go out fishing during the night and the next morning really early (John 21:4-14) Jesus is on the shore and what does he do? He invites them to have breakfast with him! He's like "come on guys, let's celebrate, let's just hang out, lets chow down" Now these guys can eat! They can eat with joy that their Savior is alive!!
So yeah, anyways, these are the things that got my attention as I was fasting and thinking about the significance of what I was doing. And it was so significant as I got up EARLY Sunday morning and sat on the edge of a field and watched the sun peep up over the horizon, and as I did, I felt the personal invitation of my risen Savior to come and eat. And I did. Biscuit dough wrapped with peanut butter and chocolate chips... Yum. And I sang "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" and a few other significant songs. It was GOOD!
And then was choir stuff. It was SO GREAT! I had such an amazing time of worship at practice and and the actual service. It was so fun to be able to sing on the Jubilee Aud. stage too! What an honor to sing where so many PROFESSIONALS have sang and acted and performed. Mom and I saw a ballet there last Nov. and wow, that was pro, and then I was up there! And it was packed for the sunday service too. And I made freinds with a 15 year old girl in the choir so that was a lot of fun. I doubt I'll ever see her again, but it was fun to connect with a kid, even though she thought I was 17... And we got in trouble together cause we ran up the Jub. stairs... I felt like I was 12 getting reprimanded by the choir director for being disrespectful. Anyways, so that was great. All in all it was such a great Easter.
This week was busy and good. Worked Mon-Sat. Friday night was youth, and was a crazy candy night called Crayola Wars. Lotsa fun! Went mini golfing last night with friends. Church this morning was good. Had turkey dinner with the family plus a few this afternoon (oh man, I love turkey dinner)
In building news, my bathroom is FULLY USABLE! Even hung the mirror and above the toilet cabinet today, and it's all looking and functioning very well. My vanity light is my favorite part of my whole basement suite. :) And my camera film is almost done so I can SOON post some pictures. And SOON get an up to date camera. And my kitchen cabinets are mostly assembled now too. Pretty exciting!
Now, before I loose this whole thing, I'm going to hit my "publish" button and hope it all works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home