Friday, March 23, 2007

My life really revolves around the building industry. As I was thinking about what to write in this post, all I can think of is where we're at in the NewLite house (finishing tile backsplashes, finishing siding, will be starting a new house in a couple weeks), how much I've been working there (3-ish days a week now), how much we're selling the house for ($465,000), how the markets are crazy (what a time to start a home building company!), the knowledge I'm gaining (a little more everyday), my job at Home Hardware (working there 2 or 3 ish days a week), how my basement is coming along (it's coming!!), what kind of casings I'm using (plain primed 1X3), the fact that I've got my kitchen cabinets now (picked them up in Sundre last weekend), the fact that I'll likely be moving into my basement bedroom this weekend (we painted it tonight, and are going to be putting flooring in hopefully tomorrow), etc... That's my life. I work building houses and at a hardware store and in my spare time I build my basement... I'm really not sure how I'm going to be able to fill my time once the basement suite is done. But I'll be happy it's done anyways. I'll be so happy to have a space to call my own!
Nathan and Iris (my brother and his wife) just became Auntie and Uncle this week! And my niece and nephew's now have a cousin! Iris' brother and his wife had a little girl named Gabrielle this week. Congratulations going out to them! She was a little premature, but is doing well.
So I was in Sundre last weekend. It was great. I spent a couple hours hanging out at Wild's talking to my old co-workers. And went to youth with my old youth group. And hung out with Lesli my sister in law, and got to ride her horse. Wandered around Sundre for a while, appreciating the familiarity of it all :) Drank some coffee from the Binge. And played a couple hours of Dutch Blitz with Kim, Katie, and Matt. And went to church. And found out my friends Cerah and Vince are engaged! Congratulations going out to them! Yeah, it was a good weekend. Good to be "home".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home