To the few who are left out there who are single and who would call themselves my friends, I have a message for you. I'm next in line!! I have decided that it's my turn and no one is allowed to get married before I do from this point on. I don't care if it means each of you are single till you're 50, if I'm single, so are you!!!! Sigh. I guess this is coming from the fact that my last post was about my friend Helen becoming engaged, and now this post is to be about my friend Jean becoming engaged. They're SISTERS! One week to the day after Helen got engaged to Justin, Jean got engaged to Ben. CRAZY, eh?!? And I'm basically the 3rd sister in the family - we've grown up together and I've spent MANY MANY hours at thier place through the years, and still do. And they're both younger than me. And now both engaged. And I'm SO HAPPY for them! Really honestly I am. They've found good guys who really suit them and who love them to death. But man, it's not fair! And they're both moving far away too. Helen to Silver Valley, up by Grand Prairie, and Jean to some farm community in Saskatewan. They've NEVER lived away from home, so this is a big deal. They're the constants in my life, and now they're not going to be. I'm allowed to move away, but they can't! I guess people just don't follow my rules. I suppose no one will follow my rule of me being next in line either, eh? I suppose I'll survive, I guess. I do know that there are quite a number of single people my age left, but in my sphere of friends through the years, there are sure not many left. For instance, my graduating class of 20 - there are now 4 who are not either married or engaged (maybe just 3). And I'm one of them. Enough feeling sorry for myself though. At least writing about it, anyways. :)
Lubango
Random thoughts about events in the life of Lorinda


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home