I didn't end up vacuuming the floor sunday morning. Time flew away, like usual, esspecially on a sunday morning!
I'm really sorry to you all that my blogs are so boring. I only have one font and one color, and do not know how to change it! I used to be able to, but not anymore. I'm sure someone could tell me how though! :)
This is a week of many thoughts. After the excitement of the last few weeks, I have almost nothing on my plate this week and I'm home alone in the evenings. It's good. Cause I need that time to ponder the decisions I have coming up. My parents are moving to Spruce Grove, which is right by Edmonton. They bought a house and are moving beginning of September to join my brother in a new buisiness venture building homes. It's a good change for my parents, and I'm happy for them. But it's SO HUGE!!! They've lived here for about 30 years, and thier home is just totally "home". They're not selling it, in fact, my brother Matthew and his wife Lesli are going to live there. But it's just so insane that they're going to be city people, and not here in Bergen.
So that's kinda hard to see them making this big huge move. And while they're making this decision, so am I. I'm considering my options and AGONIZING over it. It's been really difficult. With 2 of my best friends getting married and leaving, and with my parents leaving, and with my youth ministry options slim to none, and with the ocean of men for me to choose my future husband from looking more like a sludgy little puddle than an ocean, let's just say, I'm thinking I'm ready for a change. The thing is, where to and when and to do what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Definately wanting to use my degree again, wanting to find a church where I can fit into a team and show some youth some love. And joining my brother's business is looking very cool to me. Been around the construction industry for my whole life. And working with my dad and brother would be awesome. And being close to my niece and nephews is definately a draw to Spruce Grove. But then I've also been thinking of how many GOOD friends who encourage me and support me so much who live in Winnipeg. And how many churches are in Winnipeg where I could find myself fitting in to a youth ministry. And the thing is, I so desire to do what God wants - what he's got figured out for me, and yet I feel so far from being able to hear Him tell me what that is. And how in the world to I go about finding a job and all that goes with that, and finding a place to live and all that goes with that?!?!
SO therefore, this has been a week of many thoughts and prayers and tears. Please join me in those prayers. I do feel like it's time for a transition, in the next few months or so, but maybe God still wants me here even as I think and agonize over these things.


3 Comments:
That is a lot of decision making! Woozers. I am happy right now that we are a place where i don't have to make moving decisions at least. I am trying to decide though if i should go back to work, stay home, or go back to school. Inevitably i will go back to school or work, but i don't know what order.
I guess it comes down to prayer, and wise, researched decisions. You said that Spruce Groove (i think my grandma lived there for years before moving back to BC... the name rings a bell.. and i think i have cousins there still. hmm) is close to edmonton... are there any churches looking for a youth pastor in edmonton? What about in winnipeg? Do you think you will go where there is a job, or go somewhere and then look for a job. I really can picture you doing construction, that would be neat for awhile too i bet.
So me listing things you already know probaly isn't helping, but i hope you can get your thoughts all organized and feel that God is leading them, even if you can't 'hear' his voice as you ponder, i know he will be influencing your decisions. Why do i know this? Because you are asking him to in your prayers, and you are following him, and he will protect and guide you no matter what your choice. Sometimes i don't think there is just ONE thing that is the right choice and the only thing God wants us to do. I think that there are many things options and God will bless and be with us in whatever place we are. Maybe there are two or three churches that God could be preparing for you, maybe you will do something for a year and then find that it isn't quite what you were looking for, and move on, but surley God will use all the experiences you have there together for his good, and to build your character as well.
Those are my thoughts, hope they help, or at the least, give you something to read for a few minutes, and helped you feel loved because there is a comment on your blog!
I think i am going to try to have a crafty night... decorate a few things, glue a few things together etc.. haven't had one in awhile.
Take it easy friend,
Love Janie
ya, you did list all the things I'm thinking already :) Youth work in Winnipeg, in Spruce Grove, construction, thinking about "should I get a job first, or go and then look for a ministry position?" All part of the thinking.
Thanx for the encouragement!
oh Lori bo bori
you are so super awesome.
I love your honesty.
I have to run away, cuz I am late for beddy bye... but please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that God surprises you in a HUGE way with how he is goingto be revealing things to you this next little while. I pray that he amazes you with his faithfulness... and that suddenly, one morning, you will feel confident, and excited about the direction that your life is taking. YAH! God is going to work it out. I am trusting hi godness for you.
Much love, mydear Lori.
MUCH love.
mariajane.
Post a Comment
<< Home