Up and down, side to side. Life is good. No, I have not come to any conclusions. But I had a very great and much needed GOD time Friday night. I felt that I should go out by myself and have some time with just God. And man, God was there. I went "down the road" to the middle of nowhere, which doesn't take too long when you live in Bergen :) Went down to the Red Deer River at the end of the Bergen line, to a place my family fairly often goes for picnics. To get there you have to drive some pretty crazy road through some puddles and mud! SO FUN with Ollie, my Jeep. He's feeling right in his element right now, covered in mud!! So fun! So I went down to the river and just sat for a while on a rock. And God was there. Hard to describe, but really good. Then I made what I've decided is pretty much my favorate meal in the world, pocket stews, AKA hobos. Ground beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, and whatever other sliced veggies you want, wrapped up in tin foil a few times, thrown on an open fire for like 1/2 an hour. MAN, it's amazing! God was even in that - only he could inspire such amazing food :) For real! I had smores too. Then I read for most of the evening. And went to bed at like 9:30. In my Jeep. it's ALMOST big enough to stretch out in the back, with the back seat down. I had to go diaganal, and wasn't able to stretch my legs quite, but it was ok. It was sprinkling quite a bit of the time in the evening, and I had to get out to get to my friend Cyndi's place to take her to the airport at 9:45 on Saturday, and I was a little worried that if it rained too much, the mud holes would turn to HUGE mud holes and I wouldn't be able to get out. So I ended up parking further up the road to actually sleep. It was such a perfect thing to do for me. No one else around, beautiful trees, rocks, hills, river, etc. It puts me in a better place spiritually than I was in before.
And i talked to my bro, Nathan for a bit last night, and my thought for the moment is that I really want to go to Spruce Grove and finish my parent's basement as a suite for myself. INVEST into the house, so I'd have something to my name, and help my parents out, and have an ideal place to live. As for job, I think unless something comes up in the time before I go, which i don't know when it'll be, I'll go and volunteer at a church, or just find connections once I'm there. The kind of job I want isn't going to be one that's necessarily advertised, cause I don't want to be THE youth pastor. 1/2 time as part of a team of youth workers, that's kinda what I'd like. So it needs to be through connections, I think. That's the thought process right now. I have till January to be able to live at the place I'm living now, so it seems that I'd have time to do the finishing of the basement with my dad and brother on weekends or something. We'll see. I'm thinking I'll be driving the road between here and Spruce Grove a whole lot in the next months!! That's where I am right now in the thinking process.
I did something that puts a little hair on my chest yesterday (figuratively!!!!) I went to an auto parts store, and bought 4 shocks for Ollie, and with a little bit of help from my dad, I replaced all of them. I AM WOMAN, SEE ME ROAR!!! It felt to amazing to accomplish that. I was pretty sure I needed them, so I asked around at a couple shops and they quoted me about $400 to do them. So I said "ya right". And bought them for $25 each and saved myself $300. The only bad thing about it is that now I'm thinking that they didn't really need to be done... The new ones didn't make as much difference as I'd hoped. I think i just have a rough vehicle. Sigh. That make me not so happy. But it's still a great accomplisment, and I'm happy I did it for $100 instead of $400, and that I got the experience. I told my parents "I'm going to become the family mechanic!! I'm going to know more about replacing parts than dad!" I find it pretty fun. I did the sparks, spark wires, rotor, and distributer cap a month or 2 ago. Whoo hoo!
I'm listening to a new cd I bought yesterday. Plumb "Chaotic Resolve". Liking it! Love her voice and her variety of sounds in her music. I'd like to think I could be her. Me and Joab could be a rock band! (Joab's my bass) Ya right!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home