Mmm, it's a day off. I was hoping to play in the sunshine a little, but it's totally cloudy and cold out there today. Although it might change within the hour. It does that a lot lately. Crazy Alberta weather that prevents all my nieghbours from getting thier hay in!! I'm thinking of going to Olds and Red Deer today cause I have some things to do, such as exchange a contact lens cause I opened the package and there was a nick out of the lens, and buy a blower resistor for my Jeep from the Dodge dealer and I want to check into buying a lap top for myself. Stuff like that. But before that, I'm going to call my dear sister in Lubango, Angola, Africa. I need to hear her voice!
I pulled out my OLD laptop yesterday - it's old enough to only have Windows 95 on it. It's what got me through college. I want to get a few things off it and reprint them and stuff. Some of my old assignments and my old resume. I'm hoping I'll be able to print them with another computer. Man, it's sure a slow computer, but it really brought me back to college days, the sound of the motor and looking at my old assignments on there. Sigh. I miss college. I miss the learning I did in class, and the friendships I made. It's been over 3 years since I was in college. It's funny, getting older. Not that I'm old, but it's funny that there's people I hang out with who are "in the same stage of life as me" - out of high school, single, etc, and they're 6 or 7 years younger than me! And the thing that sometimes really irks me is that I'm still looked at as so young, while my friends who are younger than me and who are married, are seen as grown up. Marriage does that to people's view of you. I'm not mature till I'm married. Not that I want to be put in the "mature" box either, I want to be able to still be silly and stuff :) Kinda funny.


2 Comments:
How was the wedding? how was your time in winnipeg. I wish we could have gotten together. boo
Can you upload pics? I can't wait to see some.
Take it easy.
Janie
Janie, I'm still in the stone ages of film and developing and stuff like that. Sorry!! If I can scan some, I'll post some.
Post a Comment
<< Home