Stuff I've read recently:
Read a good book in the last few days. Max Lucado "Just Like Jesus" Quote: "Then I read 2 Cor 6:1: we are God's "fellow workers" Fellow workers? Colaborators? God and I work together? Imagine the paradigm shift this truth creates. Rather than report to God, we work with God. Rather than check in with him and then leave, we check in with him and then follow." Such a cool concept! Not only is he always there, he's our FELLOW WORKER. That concept came up in my Bible Study with the young adults on Sun night too. 1 Cor 3:9 "For we are God's fellow workers, you are God's field, God's building" Cool!
Here's something I saw for the first time yesterday - not the 1st time reading it, but definately the first time seeing it... Leviticus 27:1-7 "set the value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekels of silver, according to the sanctuary shekel, and if it is a female, set her value at thirty shekles" (vs 3-4) The rest of this passage is similar... I'm not a feminist, but this did make me feel a little prickly. Why did God command this discrepancy in wages? Any thoughts?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home