Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Merry Christmas I did have. Did you?
I spent a lot of time with family, and I love my family. On Saturday, my grandpa, grandma, and Auntie Doreen came up here from Lethbridge. My Auntie Heather and Uncle Weldon and cousin Brett came up from Hoadley, and my Auntie Pat and Uncle Ed and cousin Mike and cousin Ami and cousin's kid Nicholas from Edmonton (mostly) were here. And then Nathan, Iris, Kelaila, Jesse, and Elijah were here as well. They all came for lunch and it was lovely, then we split into the 1st and 2nd generations at Ed and Pat's, and the 3rd and 4th generation to Nathan and Iris' for supper on Saturday. We had fondue and hung out, and it was great. Sunday all those same people (plus a cousin, Joel and his girlfriend Pyper) went down to Hoadley to Weldon and Heather's and went tobogganing and partying and eating and playing games all afternoon and evening. It was a blast. I have some crazy cousins who did some crazy jumps on GT's, and the kidlets had a blast on tubes and crazy carpets etc. And my 84 year old grandpa went down the hill on the tube too!!! He's the BEST!!! I took pictures, I'll post some when I've got them! Then on Monday, Matthew and Lesli came up from Bergen and we had turkey dinner in the early afternoon and phoned Becky for a quite a lot conversation, which was GREAT! Then we went to Nathan and Iris' for gift opening. LOTSA gifts. It was fun times. The kids were so excited, they were jumping out of thier skin! I got a slow cooker (yay!) and some plastic mixing bowls and an area rug and a few fun dollar store heartfelt gifts from the kids. :) The highlight of gifts was the princess bedroom Kelaila got. They got her the bedspread and pillows of the Disney Princesses (Belle, Cinderella, and Snow White, I believe) and all that pink stuff, and a mosquito net thing that makes a canopy over her bed. She loves it! Then we played the Farming Game last night. And today we had brunch at Nathan and Iris' and went to see the house the family company's building, and relaxed and stuff. And Matthew and Lesli just left. I feel like now it's going to start sinking in that I've moved. Now that the holidaying is over, pretty much. I felt like I should be going back to Bergen with Matthew and Lesli. But nope, I live here now. Strange. I'll update more on job searching and more how I feel about the move at a later time. Hope all your Christmases were as good or better than mine :)

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger maria enns said...

hey lovely lady!
love you lots - and thanks for the christmas update!

Adrian and I are loving being married for christmas - though it is WEIRD! cuz it's new... and Christmas is all about tradition - so it hasn't really felt like Christmas as ALL. he he...

but anyhow. We have a lot of errands to run, and I have to get all ready to run those errands... so I'll talk to you sometime... SOON!
yay.

mj.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home