Saturday, January 13, 2007

I've looked at my previous post quite a few times and everytime I see it now, I wonder at the color choices! It looks like I'm a 7 year old picking crayons to write with. Maybe I'll just stick with black this time!
This week has been pretty much entirely made up of drywall. Drywall and drills and screws and Dremel tools and tape measures. That's what we're doing at the house we're building, and that's what we also started working on for my basement today. It's been good. My back is sore.
Last week I decided to go to a different church than my parents. One that my friend Laura recommended to me. West Meadows Baptist, right on the west side of Edmonton. It was GREAT! And I actually met people! Quite a lot of them. And all around my age! Yay, I MET people :) I'm pretty excited about that. It was AWKWARD walking up to a group of people I don't know at all, and introducing myself, but I prayed "God, you've got to direct me, if I don't do this, I'll just never meet people, and be sad and lonely." And he directed me to a group of girls around my age and I was invited out for lunch, and they told me about all the Bible Study and fun stuff they do. I'm pretty excited. I didn't go to any events or anything this week, but I'm going back to the church tomorrow, and to the Bible Study tomorrow night. Should be good. Fellowship! With people my age! With people not my family! ( don't get me wrong, I LOVE my family and am so excited to be able to spend more time with them in this stage of my life. But I also need friends ) And I found out about the youth ministry there too, and will be checking that out too. See what kind of ministry I can do there. That's all for now!

1 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

Excellent! I'm glad that worked out so well for you Lori, and I hope that it continues to. Finding a new church is always difficult. Probably one of the worst parts about moving, or realizing your in th wrong place...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home