I continued to make some friends on Sunday. I went to church, out for lunch, and to Bible Study in the evening with the Young Adults from West Meadows Baptist. It was great. And I'm going for wings tonight with them too. I'm feeling blessed with the ability to be myself, even though it's scary. Anyone else experience that struggle before? I find it's actually very revealing about who you really are when you have to start from scratch. It can either be a time where you can fake whoever you want to be, or else you find out more how you really are. And I think I'm finding out more about who I am, and it makes me glad that I'm able to. I keep thinking about the future and how I'll get to know these people more and how I'll look back on this time in my life. With so many things going on in my life, it sometimes seems like a dream, and I'll get back to my real life pretty soon. And other times it just feels so natural and real that I'm here. Like this is exactly where I'm supposed to be at this time in my life. God is so faithful. I've seen it. I'm seeing it. And I'm thankful. There was no flashing neon lights or burning bushes (which I'd asked for...) in regards to this move of mine. And it wasn't without sadness and hardness, and that sadness and hardness isn't over, and yet I'm at peace and I'm content in where God's put me. Why am I so blessed? God is good.
I need you (anyone who reads this blog) to remind me of this concept of the faithfulness of God that I'm so confident of right now, when I'm not so confident of in days, months, years from now. I know it'll happen. I get discouraged pretty easy. But all through the Bible it is commanded by God to look back and remember the things the Lord has done. 1 Chron. 16:12 "Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles and the judgments he pronounced" Joshua 3& 4 - the story of the crossing of the Jordan, where God instructed that every leader take a stone from the middle of the Jordan and set it up as a memorial, so that future generations would be able to see and find out about the things God did. And communion - "This is my body, which is for you; do this in rememberance of me" 1 Cor 11 (I believe) So yeah, I need to remember. Remind me.
I've got a roll of film almost done, so I'll be able to post some new pictures someday soon. The blog's pretty boring with no pictures. I could just throw some older ones in for kicks though. I'll try. I just tried, and it didn't work, so I'll try again.
Not working...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home