It's 11 PM December 31, and I'm blogging. Seems a little funny. I'm not out partying. Not really any friends to party with. And I'm not feeling sorry for myself either, HONESTLY!!! I'm sure I'd have a blast at a party with people in Bergen if I was there, and I'd love to. But I did have a good day and a good evening so far, and it hasn't been without party time. We had relatives over for new years cookies (I'm so glad to be Mennonite!) Rich and Vera and Ed and Pat and Ami and Nicholas and Ami's friend and Nathan, Iris and the kids were here. It was great. And then Nathan, Iris, and I went to WEM (thats the edmonton slang for West Edmonton Mall - I'm such an Edmonton-ite now, eh???!!! :P) to the Imax to see Night at the Museum. I just got back from that. It was fun. We got there late, so we had FRONT ROW seats. Talk about straining my eyes! But it was good. Funny movie. Some good classic moments. And clean. So yeah, it's been good. I'll likely still be up at midnight, but I won't be screaming "Happy New Year". Mom and dad and I might play a game or something.
I applied for a job the other day. It's for the Yellowhead Regional Library working as a van driver sorting and delivering books to differnt libraries in the region. We'll see what happens with that. And I went and explored the Home Hardware here, and talked to a guy who has worked there for 10 years and can't say anyting bad about the manager or working there, and said I should bring a resume in. It did seem like a good place from what I could see and from what he said, so I'll likely bring my resume in there this week. And I'll go working with New Lite this week too (Nathan's building company) Settling in and making new norms and patterns. It's draining, I've been sleeping lots... And I havn't even started working yet, or making friends yet. Sigh. Been working a lot on my basment though. Just a little more electrical to do, and the plumbing is done, except for fixing one leak in a water line connection, and then we're ready for inspection and then onto insulating and drywalling. I've been enjoying the electrical stuff. Pulling wire and fitting up the boxes and stuff, that's fun! Havn't put any electricity through any wires yet, so we'll see how I like it when there's power... But so far I've enjoyed it.
Happy New Year!!


4 Comments:
the clock is messed up - this says I posted at 11:59. but it's only 11:19. Strange.
12:21???? What's with that? It's only 2 minutes later! What's it going to be this time?
hmm, interesting. Time for this thing is strange.
Also, it's sad that I'm going to be excited to have comments, but they'll all be MY comments for myself!
You stand corrected: the correct Edmontonian expression for WEM is "West Ed" Never mind how much of Edmonton is actually West Edmonton. It's just West Ed for the mall and we're so snobby we figure everyone will know what we're talking about!
Iris
Post a Comment
<< Home